£35k - 40k per year
020 7820 7310
25 days ago
We at Harris Hill are proud to be looking for a talented Finance & Budget Analyst on behalf of an international NGO. This is an exciting and growing organisation who have been established for over 100 years. They work to build more sustainable, prosperous, and inclusive communities through education, governance and economic development initiatives. They organise their work around: Building Peaceful Solutions, Microenterprise Development, Natural Resources Management, Economic Cooperation and Sustainable Agriculture.
The successful candidate will play a key role in financial planning and fund management for international projects. This position reports to the SMT and you will collaborate with the Financial Controller as well as the global finance team and Project Leads.
The Finance & Budget Analyst will work directly with the CFO, Financial Controller, and local Finance Managers to support the effective and timely implementation of financial administration procedures.
Specific responsibilities include:
Financial Planning and Budgeting:
- Set-up project budget reports for all new projects;
- prepare and analyse monthly reports and distribute to project teams with recommendations;
- review project budgets with team, discuss analysis, recommendations and key metrics
- prepare and submit donor financial reports;
- monitor and manage cost share for projects when required;
-prepare monthly departmental reports and distribute to managers with appropriate analysis and recommendations;
- assist the CFO with the annual budget process and provide updates as needed to the forecast;
- prepare regular cash flow reports;
- assist with funding proposals as required
- maintain up-to-date knowledge and expertise for each donor and in accordance with regulations.
- review transactions for each project to ensure all costs are appropriate;
- monitor transactions for potential irregularities and report potential issues;
- assist the Financial Controller and CFO in designing secure financial systems and processes and ensure these are appropriately implemented;
- support project related audits.
Qualifications and Requirements:
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
- degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related fields, (or equivalent combination of education and work experience)
- Minimum 3 years of accounting and/or financial management experience, preferably in an NGO setting;
- Experience with projects supported by USG, UK Government, EU, European bilateral agencies (e.g., Netherlands, Switzerland, Germany, France), UN agencies;
- Understanding of donor contracts and budget management
- Excellent data analysis skills;
- Advanced excel skills are essential;
- Willingness to travel internationally for site visits and/or internal audit as required;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- French and/or Arabic is a desirable plus;