£45k - 50k per year + Pro Rata
3 months ago
Harris Hill are recruiting for a Part Time Finance & Operations Manager to work on a 4 day a week basis for this well-established charity based in Central London.
Position: Finance & Operations Manager
Days a week: 4 days a week (Working from home during the Pandemic, then flexible working)
Salary: 45,000pa - 50,000pa Pro Rata - Depending on experience
Reporting to: Chief Executive
Hours: 9am to 5.30pm, but flexible working
We are looking for a skilled finance and operations manager to join our small team to support us in increasing the impact we have. We are looking for someone who is proactive, energetic and motivated, who is willing to compromise and works well with others. You will need to have an eye for detail, excellent financial skills and be very organised.
The Charity promotes equal opportunities in their own functions and that of beneficiaries. We encourage applications from all applicants who meet the person specification irrespective of age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability or race.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Financial operations: maintain accounts, recording transactions on Quickbooks, including invoicing, expenses and payroll co-ordination. Support annual budget setting. Conduct regular bank reconciliations and oversee payments.
- Be responsible for receiving, recording and banking of all donations received by post, check monthly and reconcile with fundraising team all deposits direct to bank, including regular donors.
- Maintain contact with and check all receipts from online donation platforms on a monthly basis.
- Management accounts reporting: monthly and annual reporting for the organisation including profit and loss, cashflow projections and performance against budgets plus setting up new reports as required. Reporting to include analysis of restricted, designated and unrestricted funds.
- Record gift aid as donations received and submit annual gift aid claim to HMRC.
- Review processes with the development team to record financial information on Salesforce to aid the stewardship of donors
- Grant based budgeting and reporting: supporting budget leads and project leads to set up grant budgets, track performance against budgets and support grant requirements in relation to financial reporting. This will include setting up new and improved tools and reports to support this area.
- Finance policies: review existing policies, set up new ones where required and maintain policies and procedures for the organisation. Ensure understanding and adherence to financial regulations and legislation.
- Pensions: administration of employee pension scheme including reconciling monthly payments, setting up new users and leavers and complying with pension regulations.
- Risk control: regularly review financial controls and update as needed to minimise exposure to financial risks, checking adherence to finance policies related to income and expenditure. Compile and maintain risk register.
- External contractor coordination: manage relationships with third party suppliers such as professionals supporting the organisation with audited accounts, banking etc.
- Policy and process: Updating and implementing new policies and processes as relevant for the above activities - see finance policies above