£19k per year
020 7820 7310
3 months ago
Harris Hill are proud to be working alongside a fabulous charity who are doing amazing work to help protect a particularly vulnerable group in our society. We are looking for a caring Finance Assistant to join as a trusted member of the team working alongside the Finance Officer to make sure the charity's financial functions are running smoothly. This is a key role because you will also be supporting the work of the charity by assisting your colleagues and clients deal with various day to day financial issues.
Key responsibilities will be:
- assisting the Finance Officer in maintaining databases, accounts and financial records.
- keeping paperwork updated, in order and readily available to access.
- ensuring that all income is correctly recorded and applied.
- sorting bank cards, handling petty cash etc
- assisting the Finance Officer in reconciling the Bank Accounts
- coordinate Benefit Applications and maintain records
- deputise for the Finance Officer as necessary.
- proven experience of working with financial information (Excel & Sage 50 experience an advantage).
- a flair for finance, cash handling and dealing with donors and staff queries.
- the ability to work accurately and efficiently, prioritising your workload.
- self-motivation, resilience, with excellent organisational and inter-personal skills.
- have a high degree of integrity, tact, diplomacy and working under pressure.
If you are currently working in the finance team of a charity/non-profit or you have the desire to work in the charity sector we would love to hear from you.