£26k - 30k per year
over 1 year ago
Harris Hill are recruiting for a Finance Assistant for the well-established international development charity based in London
- The purpose of this role is to provide administrative and financial processing support in the Finance Team. The Finance Assistant will work closely with the Senior Finance Officers supporting them through the accounts payable process, preparing and posting income and expenditure into the accounting system, managing the Finance team filing and providing administrative support.
- Finance Systems
- Responsible for day-to-day processing of authorised financial information such credit card statements, petty cash, staff expense and other income and expenditure transactions, updating relevant transaction logs and that accounting entries are charged to the correct approved budget.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating accounts payable in the Access Accounting System for authorisation by budget holders and that all necessary supporting and required documentation is held and is valid.
- Collect and examine supporting documentation that support reconciliation of expenditure associated with field trips or payments sent to partner organisations, raising and resolving queries.
- Preparing journals based on prepared reports including checking receipts against set criteria.
- Maintain and update supplier details in the organisational database.
- Support, as needed, the Senior Finance Officers in their monthly meetings with budget holders.
- Collate receipts for donor reports including retrieving information from storage.
- Some experience of undertaking a range of administrative and financial duties including processing financial transactions and exporting financial information into other software (desirable).
- Good computer skills with a degree of proficiency in Excel.