£60k per year
020 7820 7311
4 months ago
Harris Hill is recruiting for a Finance Director for this Environmental Charity based in Warwickshire
- Salary: £60,000 pa
- Hours: 37.5 per week
- Flexible Working: Blended working from home and at their offices in Warwickshire
- Reporting to: Chief Executive
- Responsible for: Finance team (including and volunteers)
The role reports directly to the Chief Executive and will play an active part of the Senior Management Team to deliver the charities objectives.
The Finance Director will focus on ensuring the charity has the finance, administration, and IT services necessary to deliver its mission and achieve its strategic goals.
The post is responsible for the preparation of all financial information relating to strategic projections, annual planning, budgeting and statutory accounts, monthly management accounts, audit processes, and ensuring adequate financial controls and governance are in place across both the charity and its trading subsidiaries.
The Finance Director is responsible for risk management and ICT and manages a small operational finance and administration team.
- Qualified accountant with significant post qualification experience
- Strong appreciation in the importance of ethics, governance and internal controls
- Knowledge of the Charities SORP (FRS 102)
- Experience of working in organisations making a variety of taxable, exempt and beyond the scope supplies and reliefs
- Maintaining a customer-responsive and hands-on approach to strategic financial management:
- Design, implement and monitor financial internal controls.
- Ensure the preparation of timely monthly management accounts.
- Work with senior managers to support monitoring and variance reporting against management accounts.
- Prepare quarterly management accounts and report for presentation to the Board.
- Support the Chief Executive and Board of Trustees to analyse financial performance, address threats and capitalise on opportunities across all income streams,
- Work with the CEO and senior managers to prepare annual budgets for the charity and its trading subsidiaries.
- Ensure trading subsidiaries work effectively in the charity's best interest.
- Monitor cashflow.
- Maintain an accurate asset register.
- Work with senior managers to undertake cashflow forecasts.
- Prepare the group financial statements and the individual financial statements of the trading subsidiaries.
- Contribute to the wider preparation of the annual report and accounts.
- Liaise with external payroll bureau to ensure accurate and timely payroll runs are made.
- Lead on the charity's investment strategy and planning, in accordance with the ethical investment policy, liaising with the charity's independent investment adviser and investment managers, and undertaking regular and timely reporting to both the Investment Committee and the Board.
- Prepare corporation tax returns for trading subsidies.
- Ensure compliance with statutory returns including VAT, Gift Aid, PAYE, NIC, SSP, Charity Commission and Companies House annual returns, etc.
- Complete regular Gift Aid returns.
- Develop and manage the charity's digital strategy ensuring most effective use of ICT and manage and develop the charity's external ICT support.
- Maintain an ICT asset register and renewals process.
- Lead on ICT security for the charity.
- Property, land and assets