£65k - 70k per year
020 7820 7311
20 days ago
Harris Hill is recruiting for a Finance Director for the international Educational Grant Charity based in London.
- Salary: £65,000pa - £70,000pa
- Hybrid Working: 2 days a week will be required at their offices in London
- Management: 1 Finance Person
- Employment: Full Time position, 5 days aa week
Three key objectives.
To provide full support to Finance, Audit & Risk Committee.
To lead on the selection and implementation of a finance and accounting system that delivers automation, de-duplication, transparency and simplification of process.
To partner with the Executive Director and other members of the senior management team in the support and delivery of the organisation's strategic objectives as agreed by the Board.
- Prepare budgets, other financial forecasts, regular management accounts, analyses and insights for presentation to budget holders, the senior management team, and the Board
- Lead and develop the implementation of a finance strategy to support better management of resources and business decision making
- Responsible for the maintenance of appropriate financial records and for the preparation of the annual reports and financial statements of all group entities in accordance with UK accounting standards, Charity Commission and company law requirements as appropriate
- Maintain an effective relationship with the funding departments of both UK and US and Scottish and Welsh governments and ensure their financial reporting requirements are met
- Build effective and supportive relationships with funding partners from philanthropic foundations to individual donors
Legal, company secretarial and committee support
- Monitor developments in the requirements and guidance from the Charity Commissioner and advise the Board on how these can be complied with
- Act as Company Secretary ensuring all company law requirements are met
- Provide full support to FARCo by preparing meeting agendas, meeting papers and minutes, liaising directly with the Committee Chair. Provide input as required to the Remuneration and Nominations Committee
- Oversee the relationship with the Commission's investment manager and monitor performance of the investment portfolio, providing advice and recommendations to FARCo and the Board
- Risk and Related Areas