£44,880 per year
over 1 year ago
Harris Hill are recruiting for a Finance Manager to work for the Global Head of Finance and Operations for this international charity based in London/Surrey boarder
The Finance Manager will produce accurate internal financial data and external financial reporting; compliance with accounting practices and UK tax requirements; promote continued process improvement; and provide user-focused financial services in a strong controlled environment.
Responsibilities Skills, Knowledge and Experience required:
- Lead team responsible for day-to-day accounting operations in UK office, including invoice processing, staff and volunteer expenses, and payroll.
- Complete financial month end close processes for UK.
- Complete/review UK balance sheet reconciliations each month.
- Oversee the UK payroll function, review and posting journals.
- Maintain and update the fixed asset register and record quarterly depreciation.
- Oversight of THE CHARITY Corporate Insurance policies and procedures.
Finance knowledge sharing and control environment
- Improve and develop appropriate and effective controls with the Global and UK finance staff.
- Practice good business partnering skills with all interactions, and assist with training non-finance staff in following THE CHARITY procedures and good practice.
- Lead on improvement of processes for areas of responsibilities, and support the Global Head of Finance Operations in maintaining relevant and effective finance policy and processes.
- Active participation in implementation and improvement of UK Finance systems and processes.
- Maintain up-to-date information in the Global Finance Manual, relevant process guides and training materials for areas of responsibility.
- Support with the production of monthly reporting and KPIs for the Global Head of Finance Operations.
- Prepare information for statutory reporting for areas of responsibility.
- Ensure THE CHARITY complies with all HMRC current and future tax regulations and maximises tax opportunities, including VAT.
- Complete all HMRC returns accurately and on time.
- Undertake on-going education of THE CHARITY staff to ensure understanding of the tax implications of various streams of income and related expenditure.
- A fully qualified accountant with a recognised qualification (ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CPA)
- Technical accounting skills, especially in relation to statutory accounting
- Knowledge of Charity specific accounting, taxation and other compliance requirements
- Strong analytical skills and highly numerate
- Strong IT skills, including accounting and reporting packages and especially Excel
- Experience of effectively managing teams and developing staff to deliver a flexible and adaptable team.
- Hands-on, involved approach to working; proven ability to be detail-oriented.
- Adaptable and positive view of continuous improvement.
- Experience of managing a number of internal and external stakeholders.
- Challenging systems processes and initiating improvements and change.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Precise, accurate, articulate, persuasive and concise.
- Ability to explain financial information to non-financial staff in a clear and concise way.