£45k - 50k per year
4 months ago
Harris Hill are recruiting for a Finance Manager (Head of Finance) for this well-established NHS Charity based in London
You will be the most senior finance person in the charity, working closely with the Chief Executive and Senior Management Team.
Salary range: 45,000pa to 50,000pa Depending on experience
To have responsibility for all aspects of financial and management accounting for the Charity. To lead on the day to day running of the finance function, including the maintenance of the accounting records and the efficient and timely provision of financial information for the Charity Trustees, CEO, Fund Advisors and Auditors.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Management Reporting
- Produce monthly management accounts, including analysis of income and expenses against prior year and budget, providing explanations and solutions to help mitigate risks.
- Cash flow reporting and management.
- Statutory accounting and financial statements
- Lead and manage the production of the statutory audited accounts (SORP) for the Charity in collaboration with the Charity's Auditors.
- Ensure the Charity's Annual Return is completed, fully compliant and submitted to the Charity Commission.
- Work with the CEO to prepare the annual budget. Work with budget holders to review performance against budget and ensure the Charity is operating within the agreed budget.
- Investigating variances with budget holders and analysing potential problems. Making appropriate recommendations and advising of the impact on the Charity.
- Provide overall management of the grant process and applications for charitable funding from within the NHS Trust.
- Lead in the continual improvement of the grant-making policy and practice within the Charity.
- Internal control environment
- Key involvement in improving controls and processes.
- Identify and investigate risks.
- Manage all payroll and PAYE matters with the outsourced provider.
- To ensure that effective processes, procedures and controls are in place and followed to ensure that the Charity consistently complies with PAYE regulations and timelines.
- Implementation of new systems solutions, and upgrades of the current finance applications.
- Qualified with at least 5 years commercial accounting experience, and 1-2 years charity exposure.
- Advanced Excel, good level of overall IT literacy.
- Problem solving and delivery of effective timely solutions.
- Relationship building - communication across functions and externally.