£38k per year
020 7820 7311
11 months ago
Harris Hill are recruiting for a Finance Manager for this Faith Based, East London Community Human Rights Charity,
- The position is currently working from home 5 days, but will require you to work 2 days a week in their East London offices soon.
- The position is part of the Senior Management Team and reports directly to the CEO and COO
- The position is open to Part Qualified or Fully Qualified Accountants
- Salary is £38,000pa
About the Role
- This is an exciting role for a professional with strong accounting and charity finance experience to join a small but growing charity.
- You will have excellent understanding and experience of financial planning and implementing systems. Organised and with a high level of attention to detail, you will enjoy managing this function, reporting to the Chief Operating Officer and as part of the SMT (Senior Management Team).
- You will lead on all financial activities: accounting, budget setting and forecasting, financial management control policies and procedures, gift aid, banking and support donor management activities.
- Ensuring all financial information held supports the SMT and ultimately the trustee board to make sound decisions
- Responsible for all month end processes, prepare key account reconciliations
- Set up of budget systems and support budget holders to prepare and manage their budgets, including advising on expenditure coding
- Prepare information (monthly, quarterly and annually) e.g. on budget spend and forecasting for funding bids and generation of new income.
- Review and analyse financial reports and budgets with SMT, reporting on trends and performance against budgets to inform management decisions and strategic planning processes
- Work with Fundraising & Partnerships Manager (to be appointed) and Marketing Manager to present financial information in a meaningful way for annual reports, grant and impact reports etc.
- Ensure efficient financial management systems and planning to inform business development, fundraising strategies and demonstrates value for money across all activities
- With the Treasurer, ensure efficient preparation of annual financial accounts and budgets
- Proactively ensure financial policies are adhered to and kept up-to-date. Ensure an appropriate financial control environment is in place.
- Take a proactive lead on financial risk management