£24k - 27k per year
020 7820 7332
6 days ago
6 Months, 2 Days
05 December 2018
20 November 2018
Harris Hill are delighted to be recruiting for an interim Finance Manager with a fabulous refugee charity based in London. This is a 3-6 month fixed term contract. Part-time could be considered.
This is a great opportunity to help set up the finance function of the new £1.1m organisation, initiating its own independent set of accounts and systems on Xero as well as exploring the electronic integration potential with Bank accounts and databases.
Once set up there is the day-to-day financial running of the London-based office, raising invoices and payments, supporting project budget planning, grant reporting, VAT, credit control, and maintaining petty cash and also liaising with other independent accountants supporting our European operations and eventually working with the Head of Finance to prepare for year-end accounts/audit.
- Bookkeeping through Xero
- Payment processing and raising invoices, processing online bank payments and cheques
- Managing petty cash systems
- Any associated account reconciliation and schedules that will assist in the preparation of management and financial accounts of the charity
- Help with preparation of monthly management accounts
- VAT returns if applicable and related dealings with HMRC
- Preparing cash flow forecasts as required
- Assisting HOF with credit control and monitoring budgets on a monthly basis
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
- Experience of using Xero or similar accounts packages would be advantageous
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Excellent communicator
- Knowledge of charitable sector and charity accounting
- Experience of working with numerous stakeholders to manage expectations
- Understanding of FRS 102 and new SORPs