£38k - 49.2k per year
020 7820 7311
23 days ago
Harris Hill is recruiting for Finance Manager for this Charity focused on improving living standards for those on low to middle incomes. Based in London
- Salary: to £38,000pa - £49,200 p.a., depending on experience
- Report to: Director of Resources
- Location: London
- Flexible Working: 3 days a week will be required at their offices in London
- Annual leave: 30 days annual leave
You will provide proactive, efficient and effective financial management of the Foundation's charitable resources. This post-holder will be a qualified accountant (or near qualified) and take responsibility for all financial processes, including bookkeeping, management reporting and assisting in the preparation of statutory accounts.
Working closely with the Director of Resources, the Finance Manager has day to day responsibility for the finance function, ensuring all transactions are managed in compliance with internal policies, relevant regulations and funders' specifications.
This is an exciting time to join the Foundation as we consolidate our internal procedures to meet the demands of recent expansion and an ongoing high-profile work plan. The role would suit an individual keen to develop their finance career within an economic and/or policy making environment.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Ensure all financial records are clear, complete, up to-date, and compliant with procurement and authorisation procedures
- Manage contractual invoices and requests for payment, ensuring timely payment
- Reconciliation and processing of transactions made using Foundation credit cards and petty cash
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations
- Monitor budgets, income and expenditure, highlighting discrepancies and variances, updating budget holders and project managers as required
- Prepare and submit budgets and reports for funded projects, liaising with funders and the research team to ensure all requirements are met
- Coordinate the creation of annual budgets and the preparation of management accounts
- Manage internal accounting procedures relating to social investment funds,
- Ensure all transactions within investment registers are recorded in a timely manner, providing summary reports as required
- Assist in the preparation of statutory annual accounts, including preparing year-end figures and providing information on project finances
- Support the development of Sage 50 to meet future accounting and reporting needs