£40k per year + pro-rata
020 7820 7310
over 2 years ago
Harris Hill Charity Recruiters are looking for a qualified accountant (ICAEW/lCAS/ ACCA/CIMA) for a part-time 18 hours per week role as a Finance Manager and Company Secretary.
The successful candidate will be responsible for Financial and Management accounting functions and reporting. They will also provide financial and administration support to the Board of Trustees, Foundation Manager and department heads.
As Finance Manager you will be responsible for day-to-day running and management of all financial matters for the charity and trading company:
- Manage SAGE line 50 accounting system; monitor sales, purchase ledgers and cash book maintained by Finance Assistant; manage bank reconciliations and cash flow planning and oversee debt collection (Finance Assistant)
- Monitor and authorise petty cash account managed by Finance Assistant
- Prepare monthly management accounts with related reports and trend analysis as required
- Produce related reports including HMRC, NIC and VAT
- Prepare final statutory accounts for audit and lead the annual audit
- Prepare annual budget and cash flow reports. Liaise with other budget holders across the Foundation and prepare annual budget. Manage liquidity.
- Manage the in-house payroll system
- Work with the investment managers, reconciling income receipts and ensuring proper information is received for management and financial reporting
- Act as secretary to Finance Committee
As Company Secretary
- File returns to Charities Commission and Companies House.
- Assist the charities Manager to prepare Board meeting papers & draft annual report.
- Oversee Finance Assistant managing HR functions
- Administer the charity's Pension scheme
- Provide financial and legal expertise for Charity's fundraising activities.
- Maintain fixed asset register and disaster recovery plan
- Managing relationship with the insurance broker to ensure at all times appropriate insurance policies are in place and up to date.
- Act as ambassador for The Charity
- Management of risk and risk register
Significant Financial accounting and reporting experience (10 years +)
Experience of managing staff
Experience of HR, Payroll and Statutory reports
Accounting qualification (e.g. ICAEW/lCAS/ ACCA/CIMA)
A good understanding of Charity SORP and Limited company accounting principles
Understanding of Payroll, Paye, N.I and VAT
Sage line 50 (an advantage)
Understanding Finance function including report writing, variance analysis and measure profitability through use of KPI's
Well-developed interpersonal skills, able to build and maintain a range of relationships
Good Excel skills (semi-advance level)
£40,000 (pro-rata) based on 18 hours per week