£45k per year
020 7820 7310
21 days ago
We at Harris Hill proud & excited to be working alongside a truly inspiring charity. We are looking for an experienced finance professional from the non-profit sector to cover the Finance Manager while she is away on maternity leave.
This is not your average maternity cover role and you must be capable and have the skills to confidently hit the ground running! Luckily you will have the opportunity to make the most of a handover period with the existing Finance Manager. When she leaves to have the baby you will be up-to-speed and ready to assume full responsibility for this busy role.
Not only will you be making a direct contribution to an amazing cause, this is a varied role with the chance to experience a unique working environment. This is genuinely one of those 'once in a lifetime' openings! There is a real sense of team and a real sense of pride throughout the organisation.
The working environment is fun and extremely positive, as you'd expect from this type of organisation, however they work hard. As a new member of the finance team, you'll take the lead on the year-end accounts, budgeting for the next cycle and reporting to budget-holders & Board. You'll also take care of the key financial transactions that are integral to a timetable of events.
As well as being highly organised and technically skilled, you'll be great with people! I cannot stress how important strong communication skills will be for your success. Being part of an organisation with real impact and purpose, working alongside passionate & talented people you will need the ability to simplify financial jargon.
In return they will be doing everything they can to support you every step of the way they are fully committed to helping all staff develop their skills and reach their full potential.
- The ability to prepare full set of accounts (Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow) at a transactional level
- Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Well-developed time management skills, including the ability to set and meet deadlines and to prioritise work (for yourself and the team)
- Highly organised approach to scheduling key tasks
- Highly computer literate (excel to intermediate level)
- Qualified Accountant, ideally ACA/ ACCA/ ACMA
- A degree or similar-level qualification
(or equivalent working experience in a charity organisation)