£21k - 25k per year + pro-rata
020 7820 7310
8 months ago
We are looking to recruit a Finance Officer to cover maternity on a part-time basis.
Could it be the role for you, or do you know someone who may be interested?
Our client is looking for a Finance Officer to manage the organisation's day-to-day finances. This will include keeping accurate and up to date records of all financial activities (income, expenditure, salaries and pension contributions), supporting the preparation of management accounts, and assisting with audit preparations.
The ideal candidate will be qualified/part-qualified, competent, flexible, and able to work to deadlines whilst juggling multiple priorities. They will report to the Finance Manager, but will also be a key part of the wider team and will work with other departments as required within the role.
Salary: £21-24,000pa (depending on experience) Pro rata
Hours: Part-time (28 hours per week) - Full time considered Fixed term Maternity Cover until February 2020. This might be extended.
- Assist in day to day financial administration (payment of invoices, payment of expenses, analysis of credit card expenditure, accounting for resources, etc.)
- Maintaining all financial records, including processing income from donations, recording expenditure, and bank reconciliations
- Responsibility for accounts payable and receivable, and related book keeping, including preparation of invoices and expenses for payment
- Monitor debtors and pursue prompt payment of outstanding invoices, liaising with staff in regard to funding grants, donations, and all other income received as required.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the accounting system (SAGE), including the production of project expenditure reports on a regular and ad hoc basis
- Producing other financial reports for service delivery staff to support their work
- Working with the with Finance Manager to monitor the financial health of the charity
- Filing and other administrative duties in accordance with the above duties
- Liaising with our payroll provider regarding any changes in the organisation
- Submitting monthly pension payroll to the pension provider
- Supporting the charity's Gift Aid claims
- Acting as the first point of contact for external enquiries for finance-related issues
- Other ad hoc tasks shared with others in the office, including answering the phone, processing incoming post, etc.
- At least AAT qualified
- Demonstrable experience of financial transaction processing and record keeping
- Skilled in using accounting software, preferably SAGE
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Competent in Microsoft Office; skilled in Excel, particularly in the use of pivot tables
- Experience of working under own initiative, under pressure and to deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a willingness to get involved with all aspects of the charity
- Experience in the charity sector and project level reporting
- Knowledge of Salesforce database
- Experience of HR and administrative procedures