£40k - 50k per year + Pro Rata
5 months ago
Harris Hill are recruiting for a Financial Accountant on a 9-12-month fixed Term Contract to Permanent for this Grant Giving Charity based in Central London.
- The position is currently working from home but will be expected to work from the office at least 3 days a week once the office reopens.
- Salary: 40,000pa - 50,000pa depending on experience
- You will need to be a fully qualified Accountant for this assignment
- A qualified accountant with experience of working within a Charity or in an accountancy firm and auditing charities
- The principal requirement of the role is a good level of experience in charity accounting and reporting with the proven competence in the preparation of annual reports and financial analysis. To deal confidently and expertly with a variety of finance tasks.
- Good experience of finance systems (PS Financials, so experience of this system would be a distinct advantage). Very good Excel skills and experience in production of management information. Experience of reporting packages such as Power BI would also be an advantage.
- The primary responsibility of the role is the preparation of statutory accounts and other financial information for a number of the charities in the organisation.
- The role will operate under the overall direction of the Head of Finance with specific areas of work being under the direction of Accountants within the team.
- Support the ongoing accounting and reporting of the investment portfolios. Including preparation of information for the trustee's investment committee
The Financial Accountant will have the following responsibilities.
- Preparation of annual reports (year ending 5th April) from their financial records. This includes the preparation of supporting analysis and detailed disclosures as well as liaison with the Auditors.
- To support the senior members of the finance team by preparing periodic financial summaries, cashflow projections and other management information.
Management Information and Finance Partnering
- Preparation of financial information for the trust executives and materials for trustee meeting. Including details of grant making.
- Support the ongoing accounting and reporting of the investment portfolios. Including preparation of information for the trustee's investment committee.
- Monitor the cashflow of funds between the trusts' investment portfolios, deposit accounts and their clearing banks.
- To support the financial control processes including the preparation of key reconciliations and analysis.