£50k per year
about 1 year ago
Harris Hill are recruiting for a Financial Controller/Head of Finance for this Well-established Charity based in Kent
You will hold a full formal accounting qualification (eg ACA, ACCA, CIMA) or otherwise qualified through substantial experience.
You will be involved in the following:
- Manage, mentor and develop the Finance Manager and 2 other finance staff
- Strategic oversight of financial systems and processes including but not limited to production of monthly management accounts and relevant financial reports and maintaining up to date policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the Group Budget and Finance Function overseeing and supporting the management of the annual budget including departmental budgets
- Effective day to day control of accounting function including payroll, cash-flow management, invoicing and debt management
- Ensure effective financial reporting to CEO, whilst overseeing all charitable accounts and investments.
- Prepare monthly management accounts.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual year-end financial statements.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget.
- Co-ordinate the payroll function.
- Ensure compliance with relegation legislation.
- Prepare and submit VAT returns.
- Manage the finance team budget.
- Continuously improve the finance department
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed and reported in a timely and accurate manor.
- Manage and report on cash flow.
- Develop and document financial processes to maintain and strength internal controls.
- Liaising with external and internal auditors, insurance brokers, investment advisors, HMRC, bankers and pension providers.
- Assist in the cost modelling of new and existing services.
- Assist budget holders in understanding their management accounts and provide training where necessary.
- Attend and participate as an active member of the Senior Leadership Team.
- To performance manage the team including operational performance, individual performance reviews, managing sickness, absence, capability and disciplinary.
- Take an active role in relation to own Personal and Continuous Professional Development including attending regular, line manager reviews, appraisal and planning own training and development needs through the use of the CPD file and process.
- Ensure that all policies and procedures that relate to employment are read and understood. Policies may be revised for time to time so it is your duty to ensure you regularly review policies and procedures.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties that may be required from time to time. The duties may be changed and/or varied to meet changing circumstances at the discretion of Management.