£24k - 26k per year
020 7820 7331
11 months ago
Are you newly graduated or had a year or two in an entry level fundraising role? Then this might be the next great role for you! I am working with an international development charity based in Sussex who are looking for a Fundraising and Communications Officer. They are looking for someone to support their portfolio of events and fundraising activity, as well as work on some of their social media channels too.
Reporting to the Head of Fundraising & Communications the postholder will take a lead role in generating donations via events, community, individual, and corporate fundraising, and for raising the profile of the organisation.
Main responsibilities will be:
- Own a portfolio of sporting and other challenge events, including Gold Bond places for the London Marathon, and the organisation's own 'Cycling for Sight', 'Go for Glasses' and other events; be responsible for the recruitment, resourcing, and organisation of these events; support participants to achieve fundraising targets.
- Support the Head of Fundraising and Communications to deliver fundraising campaigns and appeals, for example: support pledgers to achieve fundraising targets through Christmas, World Sight Day and other annual appeals and campaigns.
- Build the profile of campaigns in print, online, and broadcast media to drive up engagement; help to create materials, administer appeals, engage with donors
- Deepen member and supporter engagement through the creative use of written and visual resources e.g. video, photos, articles etc across all channels e.g. for e-newsletters and other media
To apply for this role you will need experience of:
- A year or more work experience in fundraising, as well as sales, marketing, or communications function
- Excellent inter-personal skills; face to face, phone, email
- Great at building relationship building
- Ideally some experience of working on the back end of a website or social media experience.
If you want to learn more and receive a full job description please contact Hannah and send her a CV at Harris hill on Hannah.email@example.com or call her on 02078207331.
This roles closes on Friday 27th of August.
Salary is £23,000 - £25,000
Harris Hill Charity Recruitment Specialists operates an equal opportunity policy and commits to treating all of our candidates and jobseekers fairly. We welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.