£24k - 25k per year
020 7820 7331
6 months ago
A brilliant opportunity has arisen with a great charity who need a new Grants Officer. This is a small, but mighty organisation and you will be able to have a lot of development opportunities too. This role is responsible for supporting the Grants Manager and Senior Grants Manager in securing income against a defined target by building and nurturing strong relationships with current and potential funders, including charitable trusts and foundations, livery companies and the National Lottery Community Fund. Working closely with their service delivery, policy, impact and finance teams, you will source the information needed to write compelling funding applications, reports, thank you letters.
- With support from the Grants Manager, research prospective supporters and build relationships to create a pipeline of prospects aligned with the charity's funding needs;
- Support the Grants Manager and Senior Grants Manager in planning and delivering an annual work programme of applications and reports to ensure that income targets are met;
- With support from the Grants Manager, take ownership of our 'small grants programme', growing this income stream from trusts giving up to £5000, monitoring income and thanking and nurturing funders;
- Working with the Grants Manager and Senior Grants Manager, help to develop high quality and inspiring bids and reports for our 'medium' and 'large' funders, in partnership with colleagues across the charity;
With support from the Grants Manager, create an engagement and stewardship programme for funders and prospective funders to get to know us and how they can help.
- Either a proven track record of securing income through prospect research, high quality written applications and relationship management;
- OR experience in a role demonstrating relevant transferable skills, such as research, bid/report writing, relationship building, charity comms;
- Experience in a trust fundraising role, or in an applicable fundraising discipline, such as corporate, statutory or major donor fundraising (desirable);
- An understanding of trends in grant giving and emerging funding streams.
If you want to learn more and receive a full job description please contact Hannah and send her a CV at Harris hill on Hannah.firstname.lastname@example.org or call her on 02078207331.
This roles closes on Tuesday 17th of August.
Salary is £24,000 - £25,000
Harris Hill Charity Recruitment Specialists operates an equal opportunity policy and commits to treating all of our candidates and jobseekers fairly. We welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.