£50k - 55k per year
020 7820 7305
7 months ago
A rare opportunity to lead the development and delivery of an external affairs strategy for an organisation that is at the heart of the renewable energy sector. The vision is a world where everyone has access to affordable and reliable renewable energy.
The purpose of this newly created role is to develop and deliver an external affairs strategy, aimed at influencing public policy to accelerate the drive for zero carbon buildings and communities across the UK. This will involve establishing a leadership role for the charity in advocating for the sector and building a research and policy function to underpin advocacy strategy and provide collateral for high-impact communications.
As Head of External Affairs you will work to influence policy and build relationships at different levels of government including Westminster, the devolved nations and through leading metro/regional and local government bodies.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a start-up environment, create a role that is your own, but with the backing of a parent company with capital funds.
The ideal candidate:
Whether you come from within the environment and renewable energy sector or beyond, you will demonstrate a passion for tackling climate change and a determination to influence public policy to this end.
Knowledge and Experience
- Significant experience of working at a senior level in the policy environment, probably gained either through a public sector organisation, trade body or charity/NGO;
- Track record of successfully influencing public policy at one or more levels of government;
- Excellent knowledge of the workings of government at different levels in the UK;
- Demonstrable experience of delivering impact through strategic leadership;
- Track record of delivering or managing high-impact research to underpin policy or advocacy work;
- Experience of leading a communications function and of working with the media would be desirable;
Salary £50,000 - £55,000 dependent upon experience.
This is a permanent, full-time executive appointment.
Location London or Norwich (2 days a week) with the flexibility to work from home, plus UK travel.
If you believe that you have the skills, background and energy necessary to have a major impact in this role, then we very much look forward to hearing from you.
Please e-mail your CV to Hannah.email@example.com for more details, or call 02078207305
Firm closing date for applications: Friday 1st May 9.00am
Interviews will take place over video in the first instance, with face to face 2nd interviews.