£60k - 65k per year
7 months ago
Harris Hill are recruiting for a Head of Finance on a 12 Month Fixed Term Contract for this well-established charity based near Oxford.
You will report directly to the Chief Executive, managing a team of 3 to provide strategic financial leadership, ensuring that the financial management of the charity complies with best industry standards and ensuring that it complies with all relevant tax and VAT legislation and all statutory requirements on financial reporting.
You will be a Fully Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with a proven ability to work confidently at Board level. Have energy, drive and a positive attitude that motivates others.
This is an exciting role aligning resources to strategy, ensuring resources are focused in the areas of greatest need.
- Location: Near Oxford
- Salary 60,000pa - 65,000pa
- The position will have the option to go permanent
The position covers a range of skills involving the following:
- Financial Management - Ensure the charity has the systems and experience to use timely financial management information to inform decision-making at all levels of the organization.
- To be accountable for the effective day to day functioning of the Finance and IT departments through effective management
- Oversight of the new Financial IT system, ensuring that organisational IT resources are focused in the right areas and are effectively managed
- Review, scope and implement new methods/systems of information management and reporting to deliver improvements to the way financial information is processed and reported.
- Actively contribute towards the goals of the organisation as a member of the leadership team
- Lead the production and development of the departmental budget and plan as part of the annual business plan
- Produce the annual statutory report and financial statements for the group
- Support the production of organisational funding bids and financial monitoring of funding contracts