£60k per year
5 months ago
Harris Hill are recruiting for a Head of Finance for this well-established charity based in London
The role will be working from home for the foreseeable future and will then have flexibility on days in the office.
You will oversee all financial aspects of the charity, on behalf of the board of trustees, to ensure its short and long-term viability and ensure that the board of trustees fulfils its duties and responsibilities for the proper financial governance of the charity.
Salary £60,00pa plus Benefits
Head of Finance
- Overall financial strategy and outlook for the organisation
- Producing financial papers and accounts for the Board
- The candidate will report directly to the CEO and will sit on the Management Team of the organisation
- Line management of the future Finance Officer
About the role
- The charity is looking for a bright and dynamic financial professional to join our outstanding staff team.
- This is a full time, permanent role, based in London with the potential for flexible working arrangements.
- This is a newly-created role with overall responsibility for the day to day financial control and
- management of the charity.
- The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant able to lead by example and get things done through their own drive and determination. They will take ownership of the end to end finance process and be responsible for producing monthly management accounts. They will have strong communication skills and play a crucial part in liaising with our regional centres, building strong relationships with colleagues across the charity.
- This is a hands-on role and the incumbent should thrive on working in the detail but also be able to articulate in a clear and concise manner to senior management. They will need to be excited about the varying challenges that will undoubtedly come with working for a growing and agile organisation, and have a passion for the work we do and the difference we can make to the lives of the clients we support
- Duties of the role
- Financial systems and controls
- Management and development of the financial systems and control processes using the
- accounting package Xero
- Management and submission of tax submissions, payroll, bank accounts and cashflow and
- ensuring compliance with statutory financial and legal requirements
- Closing the books, production of the Statutory Accounts and liaison with the auditors throughout the reporting cycle.
- Management accounting experience
- Leading the annual business planning cycle, providing support to senior staff in London and
- liaising and providing support and advise to regional centres
- Production of accurate and timely monthly and quarterly management accounts and forecasting continuously improving processes, procedures and controls and working with the Treasurer to manage the Risk Register
- General responsibilities
- Direction and training of trainee graduates who assist with expenses input
- Ensuring continuous professional development in keeping updated on latest standards, policies, developments relevant to the charity
- Assisting with the financial aspects of Funding / Grant Applications