£55k - 65k per year
020 7820 7311
13 days ago
Harris Hill is recruiting for a Head of Finance for this well-established Charity based in North London
- Position: Head of Finance
- Responsible to: Chief Executive and Deputy Chief Executive
- Location: North London
- Responsible for: Finance Manager x 1, Finance Officer x 2, (interim Systems Accountant x 1)
- Key Working Relationships: Relationship Management with Leadership Team members and other managers; Relationship management with finance third party suppliers in countries; World Board and Audit, Finance & Risk Committee; Executive team, Head of Departments.
- Salary: £55,000pa to £65,000pa
- To ensure the finances of the charity are managed efficiently and properly, in accordance with highest standards of good practice in the charity sector, and that its financial obligations in the UK and overseas are met efficiently, complying with all financial and statutory requirements.
- To maximize the impact of charities financial resources and finance function enabling them to deliver high quality services and programmes, which meet the needs of internal and external stakeholders.
- Build the Finance function to deliver exceptional finance services to the charity with a clear focus on continuous improvement, problem solving and development, ensuring a high level of performance with a customer focus.
- Act as a strategic financial adviser to the Leadership and Senior Management Team, providing sound advice, guidance and information on organisational performance, risks and opportunities.
- Take overall responsibility for preparation of management reporting, annual accounts and audit matters to ensure compliance with statutory requirements, donor reporting and governance structures.
- Qualified professional accountant and current member of an accountancy institute/body that is recognised in the UK with significant demonstrable post-qualification experience
- Substantial demonstrable experience delivering 'turnarounds' of finance teams (preferably international charities)
- Development, implementation and monitoring of financial processes and internal controls, including process improvement and systems implementation.
- Experience of preparing monthly accounts, forecasts, and management information to a tight deadline.
- Experience of working with staff across cross functional teams.
- Experience of driving change across complex multi country (multi-currency) organisations.
- Experience managing an investment portfolio.
- Strong technical knowledge of the Charity SORP