£63k - 68k per year
020 7820 7311
5 months ago
Harris Hill is recruiting for a Head of Finance position for this international development charity based in London
- Reporting to: Executive Director of Finance
- Responsible for: Finance Operations Team - 4 direct reports
- Salary: 63,000pa - 68,000pa
- Flexible Working: At least 1 day a week is required in their offices just outside of London
Job Purpose: To lead the finance operations. Deliver user-focused financial services including budgeting, forecasting and reporting, treasury, payroll and financial systems, a strong control environment, and ensure compliance with statutory reporting and tax requirements.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
Fully qualified accounting or finance professional (ACCA, ACA, or CIMA), with in depth knowledge of UK charity SORP and compliance framework.
Experience of successfully leading a high performing finance team in an international organisation
Statutory Requirements, Compliance and Financial controls
- Ensure that all relevant controls are in place and in accordance with the Charity SORP
- Ensure the charity complies with statutory, funding and tax regulations, fulfilling its requirements as a charity, company, and employer across geographies
- Provide robust and effective financial policies, processes and controls and ensure compliance across the charity.
- Lead the preparation of the statutory financial statements and the annual report for the charity and its subsidiaries. Co-ordinate the completion of year end processes across finance and lead the statutory audit process.
- Lead the team to provide relevant and valued global finance operational support the Charity, in financial accounts, controls, statutory requirements, treasury, payroll, and financial systems.