£55k per year
8 months ago
Harris Hill are recruiting for a Head of Finance for this international development charity based in London
You will manage a team of 5 in finance delivering and focusing on financial controls, management and reporting of the charity's worldwide resources and providing management information to Trustees, giving advice and support that they need to lead and manage the organisation effectively.
You will ensure that the charity meets all its statutory and regulatory compliance requirements on the due dates. Oversee the implementation of the charity's strategy, budgets and performance reporting through the management and development of the finance teams.
- Maintaining a robust and fit for purpose compliance and control environment.
- Meeting all regulatory requirements including acting as lead on the production of the statutory accounts.
- Overseeing the implementation, control, reporting of the organisations strategy, budgets and performance.
- To develop a plan and mechanism to achieve significant improvement on financial management across the organisation worldwide.
- To manage organisational resources including both the charity's and institutional funds.
- To provide line management and professional support to the Finance Staff in the overseas Country Offices.
- To improve the Business Partnering and inter-action of finance with other departments with a view of improving control and feedback of information.
- To prepare statutory accounts and to lead on the financial aspects of the annual audit process reporting to the Finance and Audit Committee.
- To maintain an oversight of the financial aspects of programme and contract management across the charity, monitoring application of restricted funds and contract management and to work independently with each manager across the organization.
- To contribute and implement Charity's financial strategy and the implementation of robust and cost effective financial management systems and implementation of a financial management strategy for the charity worldwide.
- To continually improve the month-end process to ensure accuracy of data, full reconciliations of all key accounts, variance analysis and management/control reports.
- To ensure that appropriate financial analyses and reports are provided at various levels, both internally and externally. These include monthly management accounts, KPI's and dashboards, programme and project reports, ad-hoc control reports, budget and financial reports to the Board of Trustees.
Interviews are immediate, so please apply as soon as possible