£60k - 67k per year
020 7820 7311
4 months ago
Harris Hill is recruiting for a Head of Finance & Operations for this Academy School based in North London
- Responsible to: Headteacher
- Salary Range: £62,000pa - £67,000pa
- Hours: Full time, 5 day a week
- Flexible working: A minimum of 4 days a week would be required on site, based at the school.
- Education experience is required
Strategic thinker in all aspects of school operations with every decision based on creating the right financial and physical environment for staff to work at their best and every student to achieve their potential, achieving this as a key member of the Senior Leadership Team
Responsible for the strategic development and oversight of all business, financial, administrative, operational and facilities aspects of the school ie finance, administration, IT, catering facilities and health and safety
- To be part of the Senior Leadership Team, as the leading non-teaching support staff professional, to work alongside the rest of the Senior Leadership Team and Governing Board.
- Influence strategic decision making with the Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team, advising how it will affect the school operationally and the financial implications to both budget and 3 year plan, ensuring business continuity.
Financial Resource Management, directing the finance team:
- To be responsible directly to the Headteacher and the Governing Body for all aspects of financial management and compliance, including strategic planning, reporting, budgeting, forecasting, annual statement of accounts, procedures, systems and controls, procurement and contract management, and risk management.
- To investigate options and develop solutions to ensure a robust annual and 3 year balanced budget plan is planned for the school.
- To develop and review an effective risk management strategy in order to mitigate the risks to the successful operation of the school and to ensure a safe and secure environment.
- To ensure that the school has effective disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
Facilities Management, directing the Facilities and Operations team
- To take the lead responsibility for the school's premises and buildings including their maintenance, security, development and furnishing.
- To ensure the safe maintenance and secure operation of all activities on the school premises.
HR, directing the HR Manager
- To ensure that realistic HR advice is available to the Headteacher and SLT that ensures the right business decisions are made within the appropriate legislation and maintaining the dignity of staff concerned
- To ensure all HR policies and procedures comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
- To direct and lead the office, facilities and IT teams to ensure that operational targets are met.
Management Information Systems & IT, directing the IT Manager and the Office/MIS Manager
- To ensure that the school has a strategy for using technology aligned to the overall vision and plans for the school and provides value for money.
- To have overall responsibility for IT, ensuring resources, support and training are provided to enable staff and students to make the best use of available ICT, including teaching, learning and assessment systems.