£41k - 45k per year + pro-rata
020 7820 7310
11 months ago
Harris Hill Charity recruitors are proud to be working with an ambitious charity who work hard to inform, educate and safeguard young people against some of the biggest problematic challenges we face as a modern society.
The Head of Finance will be home-based working 16 hours per week.
This is a new senior leadership team post in the organisation and marks an investment in the next phase of development. The purpose of the role is not only to look after all statutory, financial and management accounting aspects of the charity and developing trading entities, but also, to support the Chief Executive and the leadership team with deal appraisals and preparation of board materials.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and self-motivated senior charity finance director to establish and shape the organisations first in-house finance department and lead the organisation to the next level.
Production of annual budgets, monthly management accounts and periodic forecasts for the charity and its trading subsidiary to track performance and influence decision making.
Manage and execute on projects designed to improve the financial systems, controls and the delivery of management information.
Monitor, authorise and account for all transactions in line with FRS102 and the SORP regulations.
Prepare the statutory accounts in line with the regulations and liaise with external auditors.
Support the Chief Executive and the Finance, Audit and Risk Committee with deal appraisals and preparation of board materials.
Business partner with the senior management team members, work closely with and develop other in-house resources working on administrative tasks.
Establish and maintain relationship with the charity's donors and other relevant partners.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Experience working as part of the senior management team (with 3m plus revenue charity or business organisations)
- Experience leading a finance team
- Experience of scoping and implementing new financial processes and systems
- Minimum of 5 years senior experience in a non-profit organisation
- Finance experience working in a business environment and / or experience with an education trading subsidies of a charity
- Experience with working with trustees, board members
- A strong focus on Business Partnering
This is a home-based role with a pro-rata salary of £41,000 - £45,000pa (based on a 16 hours work week).