£70k per year
020 7820 7311
13 days ago
Harris Hill is recruiting for a Head of Finance, Operations and Development - (To Dec 2022 - Fixed Term Contract), for this environmental charity based in London
- Reports to: CEO
- Place of work: Home working and Central London offices
- Flexible working: 3 days a week would be required in their London offices
- Time: Full time
- Contract Length: Fixed term maternity cover to December 2022
- Salary: £70.000pa
Responsible for managing multiple business-critical areas, the successful candidate will be a strategic thinker with excellent financial acumen, able to provide organisational leadership on all aspects of finance, fundraising, governance, compliance and HR.
On top of your normal Finance activities, you will oversee income generation across all revenue streams and will be directly responsible for creating grant budgets, preparing forward-looking financial scenarios and tracking expenditure against a complex set of grant funding streams. You will have a detailed grasp of the fundamental issues of financial control, reporting and strategy and proven past success in a comparable role.
You will provide board and governance support to enable effective decision making and will have a critical role to play in ensuring good governance, with responsibility for operational compliance, policies and processes. Excellent attention to detail, integrity, and resourcefulness will stand you in good stead, as you seek and deliver solutions in a fast-moving environment and provide advice and guidance to the wider team on a broad remit of issues, including compliance, people management and legal matters.
Managing a team of three, you will have a personable and assured leadership style, and will be able to rapidly build strong and mutually productive relationships with highly expert colleagues. You will be inventive, with ideas for shaping organisational culture, and hold an understanding of not-for-profit governance and current legislation.
- Proven experience in the not-for-profit sector in a similar role at a similar level.
- Demonstrable experience in financial planning and analysis.
- Experience of providing useful financial information, annual reports and accounts for non-financial experts.
- Experience in designing and implementing new business functions or processes such as finance, human resources and compliance.
- Experience of creating and maintaining appropriate organisational policies and procedures.
- Experienced line manager.
- Knowledge of grant financial management