£60k per year
over 1 year ago
Harris Hill is pleased to be working with the Third Age Trust who support the U3A movement to find their new Head of Internal Services .Founded in 1982, U3A is a UK-wide movement of locally-run charities with interest groups that provide a wide range of opportunities for members who are no longer in full-time work to come together to learn for fun. Members explore new ideas, skills and activities together. There are 1,057 u3as with over 450,000 members across the country.
The new Head of Internal Services will report to the CEO and will work to embed the Trust upgrade and manage the organisational infrastructure services. The role will be responsible for bringing together finance, IT, premises, HR, data and security, and policies and procedures in one department. It will involve both strategic reasoning and operational management and be responsible for financial planning, compliance, risk management and governance processes.
- Relevant experience in understanding and examining charity accounts OR a professional qualification in accountancy (CIMA, ACA, ACCA, CIPFA)
- Strong knowledge of the charity accounting SORP and charity governance
- Experience of providing financial information for fundraising bids, competitive tenders, and reports
- Ability to communicate complex financial and legal issues clearly to non-finance experts and develop effective financial management systems
- Relevant experience of managing the upgrade of IT infrastructure including web services
- Experience in overseeing data compliance
- Ability to think strategically and deliver against the charity's strategy
- Proven line management and staff development skills and human resources
- Proven experience of building strong staff teams including developing a shared vision where every team member counts
- Demonstrable excellent communication skills
- A proven track record of project management skills
- Experience of managing premises and operational office requirements
If you would like to understand more about this role and the organisation, please apply or contact Simon Bascombe at Harris Hill
Closing date for applications: 12 noon on Friday 18 December.