£48k - 52k per year
020 7820 7320
about 2 months ago
Head of Membership
Reporting to CEO
Salary: £48,000- £52,000
Location: Central London
Contract : 18 month FTC
In the near future, a permanent Director of Membership role will be created when the transformation period covered by this contract ends. The successful applicant for the current fixed-term position will have the opportunity to apply for any such new role created.
- Attend, and crystallise out the key learnings from, the planned "Reimagining MU" Member Conference, 8-10 July 2022; prioritise emerging actions/low-hanging fruit across members and staff team and establish a process for tracking and sharing.
- Crystallise and test the value proposition(s) for target groups (using the Key Messages already developed as a starting point).
- Provide membership insight to the new CRM scoping project, with a view to being ready to start implementation in early 2023.
- Assess the progress already made by the staff team in addressing the need for an effective and efficient approach to managing operational queries from and tasks for the membership, and take the lead in putting in place and guiding a new way of working across all teams to support members.
- Prepare a plan to end 2024, with detail and costs for 2023, for all membership development and support, making accountabilities and interdependencies clear. This will clearly differentiate between centrally led activities (for example, potentially building the digital outreach to new audiences) and support for the membership-leaders.
- Solutions-focused and relishes the challenge of leading the transformation of a membership movement in the lead up to its 150th anniversary.
- Proven expertise in membership development, preferably within a federated structure.
- Passion for the mission of the membership union - able to envision how this could connect with new audiences.
- Ability to create relevant insights with limited data.
- Excellent interpersonal skills across all age groups, volunteer-leaders, members and staff colleagues.
- Proven change leadership skills, including project management.
- Strong digital skills.
- Good understanding of modern CRM systems and how they can facilitate excellent membership support and development, to provide insight into the choice and implementation of a new system.
- An empathy with the Christian faith.