£45,000 - 50,000 per year
020 7820 7318
10 months ago
The Archdiocese of Birmingham is working in partnership with Harris Hill to recruit a new Head of Safeguarding. This appointment is an extremely important step in the life of the Archdiocese and part of an ongoing process to increase the involvement of professional managers in supporting the work of the Church.
The Catholic Archdiocese of Birmingham extends from Stoke in the North to the Thames in the South. It includes seven cities and five counties; an area with over five million people. It serves a Catholic population of c.450,000 through a network of 217 parishes and some 240 schools.
As their new Head of Safeguarding, you will be joining them at a time of significant challenge and change. The challenges will include the need to maintain and build on the momentum already started under the current interim Head of Safeguarding Transformation, in terms of transforming how the Safeguarding Team operates – from reactive to proactive, build a new Safeguarding Team and approach. In addition to this, you will be expected to provide the professional lead on implementing the recommendations from the IICSA Inquiries and those from the Charity Commission’s investigation.
- A qualified and registered Social Worker.
- Significant practitioner experience in safeguarding children and/or vulnerable adults.
- Experiencing of managing or supervising safeguarding cases.
- Experience of working collaboratively with other relevant agencies, e.g. Children or Adult services, Health or Police and with service users on delivering a responsive service.
- Thorough knowledge of proposed and actual legislation, statutory regulations and Government guidance and standards relevant legislation in respect of child safeguarding and safeguarding vulnerable adults.
- An understanding of Adult Safeguarding, vulnerabilities and exploitation.
The person we are now seeking for the role of Head of Safeguarding will be a collaborative leader who can combine strategic planning with practical implementation of safeguarding within a diverse environment, This is a vital role for the organisation and offers the right candidate an opportunity to put in place a safeguarding team and strategy of the highest calibre. The Trustee’s are fully committed to ensuring that the Safeguarding Team has the necessary resources and support to fulfil its purpose, so you will have all the support you need to make this role a great success.
For more information on this opportunity please contact Ben Pountney, Director at Harris Hill Exective Search.