£51k - 55k per year
about 2 months ago
Across the UK the Royal Voluntary Service works tirelessly to mobilise volunteers that provide support to those in need in hospital and in the community. These volunteers play an important role in providing company and assistance to people as they age helping them live the life they want to live as well as helping our NHS have more time to care.
Harris Hill are now seeking a Head of Volunteering on behalf of Royal Voluntary Service who will be responsible for the development and implementation of the charities volunteering strategy. This role will play a significant part in providing support to the existing volunteer network as well as ensuring new volunteers receive the appropriate level of support and training to ensure they have a rewarding experience whilst representing the organisation.
Strategically this position will provide support to the Director of Volunteering and internal departments within the organisation whilst engaging with regional government department and local authorities.
The Royal Voluntary Service are based in Cardiff but this role has a national remit so there is flexibility on where the successful applicant can be based. There will an element of travel as part of the duties of the role to Cardiff, London and Edinburgh as well as any other areas in Britain.
- To provide leadership and management to the Volunteer Team at all levels enabling them and the wider charity to provide excellence in volunteer journey and experience.
- To ensure volunteer team financial, people, and charitable targets are met in line with agreed budgets and KPI.
- To implement new program of work such as the new volunteer management system, our volunteer voice program, diversity in RVS volunteering project
- To deliver activities associated with the volunteer strategy
- To hold accountability for the growth of volunteer activities within the charity.
- To ensure key partnership relationships are maintained and any associated commitments are delivered and associated delivery
Experience and skills
- Knowledge and understanding of current volunteering issues within the third sector and how they relate to an organisation of the scope and scale of
- Knowledge and understanding of volunteering best practice, policy and innovation
- Demonstrable record of achievement in a leadership role at senior management level within an organisation of comparable size and scope
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to enable successful influencing, listening and negotiating
To apply for this role please provide a CV and supporting statement by the closing date of Friday 24th May 2019.
For any further question or queries relating to the role please contact Jason Jederon on 07388 949510 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org