£30,000 - 33,857 per year
020 7820 7320
11 months ago
The Mental Health Foundation is recruiting for an HR Officer to support the HR Team to deliver a strong Foundation. This is a 1-year fixed term maternity cover contract.
Salary: Starting £30,000 rising to £33,857 plus London Weighting £3,285
The Mental Health Foundation is the UK's leading charity for everyone's mental health. We are home to Mental Health Awareness Week and, with prevention at the heart of what we do, we aim to find and address the sources of mental health problems so that people and communities can thrive.
Our focus is on three key areas:
We systematically consider how to scale ideas informed by evidence. We build partnerships and alliances that increase the impact and reach of our work.
We harness evidence and the voice of lived experience to advocate for preventive approaches and create campaigns which tackle the root causes of poor mental health.
We continue to build a strong organisation that lives its values - that is open, kind, outward-looking and sustainable.
We have pioneered change for 70 years and we are not afraid to challenge the status quo. Come join us!
This exciting HR Officer role will be the first point of contact for all routine and general HR, payroll and recruitment enquiries. The post holder will be responsible for administering the Foundation's essential HR procedures across the employee life course, ensuring staff recruitment, onboarding, payroll and exit processes are carried out efficiently and effectively.
What does the role involve?
- Managing the new starter onboarding process, including offer letters, reference checking, security checks and contracts of employment etc.
- Managing payroll processing.
- Advising on and processing all staff benefits including pension, cycle to work scheme, season ticket loans etc.
What skills, knowledge and experience are we looking for?
- HR qualification or relevant comparable experience.
- Proven experience of working successfully in a HR role.
- Proven ability to proactively build and maintain relationships across all levels using strong written and interpersonal skills.
- Evidenced skill and ability to work efficiently and effectively, proactively and consistently producing high quality, accurate and clear outputs, in a timely manner.
Why should you join the Mental Health Foundation?
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, rising to 27 after 5 years' service
- 3 closure days between Christmas and New Year
- Up to 3 wellbeing days per annum
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Generous non-contributory pension scheme, 8% at 3 months service, rising to 10% at 6 months service employer contribution
- Life Assurance Scheme at four times annual salary
- Flexible working
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to work scheme
Please note that for safeguarding purposes, all our roles require a DBS check. Also, we are unable to provide sponsorship for this post, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
How to apply
If you think your skills match and you'd like to be part of a dynamic and growing organisation, please complete and send your application form along with equal opportunities form to our recruitment partners Harris Hill: email@example.com. Please note that all sections of the application form should be completed as CVs will not be accepted.
Applications will close at 5pm on Friday 27th August 2021. Interviews are planned for Wednesday 15th September 2021. There will be an assessment on the day of the interview. Following successful checks the post holder will be expected to be available to start Monday 11th October 2021, subject to notice period.
Diversity is greatly valued at the Foundation. Applications from all sections of the community are actively encouraged. If you require any additional support or have any questions regarding the role, please contact Harris Hill: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to Covid-19 and until further notice, we are operating digital recruitment (including interviews via video conferencing) and on-boarding processes. We are blending office and homeworking until further notice.
We look forward to hearing from you!