£26k per year
020 7820 7327
3 months ago
Harris Hill are currently working with a great charity based in London, WC1 to help secure a HR Officer on a 1 year FTC, paying up to 26,000 per annum.
You will be the first point of contact for general HR queries and provide initial advice to managers and staff.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- To be the first point of contact advising managers and staff on all general HR enquiries including terms and conditions of employment, variations to contracts, absence, attendance, probations, appraisals, maternity and paternity leave and pay, flexible working requests.
- Prepare and issue documents including contracts, offer letters, probationary letters and leavers letters
- Arrange and conduct inductions, new joiner reviews and exit interviews as and when required
- Maintain and audit HR files and systems, ensuring all necessary documentation are correctly completed, supplied and stored
- Liaise with payroll provider to ensure all records and monthly changes are implemented as instructed and within agreed timescales
- Compile Global HR Management information, such as Headcount and Turnover data, starters, leavers and sickness absence reports
- Manage the administration of employee benefits, including pensions, child care vouchers and season-ticket loans, liaising with any external benefits providers as needed.
- Liaise and assist Line Managers with recruitment by following agreed approval process
- Advertise vacancies, assist with interviews, issue contracts, ensure all pre-employment checks are completed, i.e. verification of right to work in UK and references.
- Undertake new joiner induction meetings and ensure line managers follow the probationary policy and procedure.
The key skills and experiences include:
- Experience of working in a generalist HR environment, to include administration and recruitment
- Experience of working with an HR or any other comprehensive database
- Organised and methodical approach to administration and record keeping
- High level of accuracy and numeracy
- Ability to organise own work effectively, to multi task and manage priorities.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, incl. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Sharepoint and Moodle
- Approachable and helpful attitude
- Knowledge of up to date Employment Law
- Experience of or understanding of working in a global organisation
- Experience of administering Payroll and Benefits
If this role is of interest to you and you are immediately available please contact me