£60k per year
over 2 years ago
Harris Hill are recruiting for an interim Group Finance Director for this homeless charity based near Birmingham.
The interim Group Finance Director assignment will be for 6 months on a Salary of c 60,000pa starting Early to Mid-February
You will be a Qualified Accountant to be the key figure in assessing the viability of future business opportunities and offering advice and guidance to the Chief Executive, SMT, Finance Sub Committee, and Board of Trustees
The post holder will also be expected to provide sufficiently robust financial information to enable executive directors to manage their departments effectively, and for trustees/non-executive directors to be able to exercise proper oversight.
- To lead in the development of the Group's financial strategy and ensure effective implementation.
- To support the Trustees, Group Chief Executive (GCE) and Senior Management Team in setting the organisations vision and strategic direction.
- To develop strategic approaches to the financial resourcing of the work of the Group through the development of a value for money strategy with regular reporting on value for money initiatives
- To develop the business performance framework of the Group and to monitor and report on key performance indicators, including business and social value indicators, to ensure that resources are utilised to maximum effect.
Management of Finance Functions
- To advise the Board of Trustees and Senior Management Team on financial and treasury policy, strategic and business planning, financial control, risk management and performance monitoring, ensuring that the financial affairs of the Group are clearly presented together with relevant interpretation, strategic analysis and prediction, in a timely manner.
- To coordinate the production of proposed business plans and annual budgets ensuring the appropriateness of the key assumptions providing advice to senior management colleagues and trustees on these matters.
- To oversee the production of accounting information for use by budget holders in planning and controlling the work of the Group.
- To ensure that financial policies and procedures are current, consistent, accessible, adhered to, meet regulatory and legal requirements, reflect best practice and are well-communicated throughout the Group.
- To lead and develop other members of the Finance Team to ensure that they are well-motivated, sufficiently skilled, and meet best practice.
- To ensure that the Finance Team provides a strong and proactive level of service and support to the various operational teams.
- To lead in setting policy and sourcing in relation to the following areas - insurance; pensions; banking services; project financing; energy supplies; audit and financial advice.
Regulatory and Audit Requirements
- To ensure that all statutory and other accounting and regulatory requirements appropriate to the Group Director of Finance (HMRC, Companies House, Charity Commission, and HCA) are met.
- To oversee the production of statutory accounts in conjunction with the external auditors on behalf of the trustees.
- To lead the Group's approach to risk management, developing an ongoing risk based programme of controls assurance work with the internal auditor. This includes ensuring that the most important risks are addressed and minimised and that risk analysis is up to date.
- To maintain a thorough knowledge of the Finance policies and procedures and to periodically review them through the internal audit process, making recommendation for any changes to the Finance Sub Committee.