£30k - 33k per year
020 7820 7311
3 months ago
Harris Hill is recruiting for a Finance Officer for this international Human Rights charity based in London
POSITION SCOPE: Full time (37.5 hours per week)
LOCATION: Hybrid working (Central London office/home working)
SALARY RANGE: £30,000pa - £33,000pa
DURATION: Fixed term contract until September 2024 with the potential to become permanent.
REPORTS TO: Head of Finance & Compliance
This is an exciting opportunity for a finance professional with a passion for the international Human Rights sector to join our team during a period of exponential growth for the organisation. The Finance Officer plays a key role in the day to day running of the projects, with the responsibility to undertake detailed financial analysis of projects, monitoring budgets against project progress and expenditure. The Finance Officer reports to Head of Finance & Compliance to provide an effective financial accounting and reporting service to the projects and contribute to donor financial compliance and reporting.
Job description: Key accountabilities
- Processing all project financial transactions and ensuring the timely and accurate analysis of project income and expenditure and preparation of financial reporting to donor.
- Ensure timely submission of monthly forecasts and expenditure reports from project offices, staff, and consultants; scrutinise the same.
- Process monthly transfer requests from project offices as per agreed procedures
- Manage and reconcile the bank, prepaid cards account and key balance sheet control accounts.
- Provide day to day support to field staff and visit country offices to enable effective use of financial systems.
- Assist Head of Finance & Compliance in production of internal financial & management reports (cash-flow forecast; monthly management accounts; project-specific income/expenditure reports) for Senior Management Team and Board of Trustees with supporting narrative.
- Support Head of Finance and Compliance in driving an efficiency and effectiveness of the financial systems and processes, continuously improve procedures, templates, reports and guidance to ensure fit for purpose.
- Ensuring that all projects and departments meet financial donor reporting requirements and, if necessary, lead on audit of restricted grants.
- Part Qualified accountant with a recognised professional qualification e.g. ACA, ACCA or CIMA or qualified by demonstrable technical experience.
- At least 3 years of work in a relevant field (Charity experience desirable)
- Strong working experience of Quickbooks/Sage 200 or equivalent finance software for transactions recording and reporting.
- Intermediate/advanced level of Excel skills (Pivot tables, VLOOKUP, SUMIFS functions etc etc)
- Experience in dealing with foreign currencies.
- Familiarity with performing financial data analysis and managing of restricted and unrestricted funds.
- Ability to translate financial concepts into everyday language.