£50k - 55k per year
020 7820 7311
4 months ago
Harris Hill is recruiting for a Management Accountant/Finance Manager on a 12 Month Fixed Term Contract basis for this well- established Charity based in London.
- Salary: £50,000pa - £55,000pa
- Length: 12 months fixed term contract
- Flexible working: A mix of Hybrid working. 2 days a week in the office based in South East London
The Management Accountant role reports to the Head of Finance. The role has been created to support the charity in this busy business development period which is occurring at the same time as a period of transition between Directors of Finance. So, an opportunity for this role to go permanent is possible.
As the Management Accountant, you will help ensure the trustees, senior leadership and staff of this thriving and busy London-based national charity have all of the necessary controls in place over the charity's complex finances, and have access to accurate and timely financial information, to enable them to deliver excellent, life-changing services.
Experience, Qualifications and Capabilities
- Full or part accounting qualification (ACMA, ACA, ACCA or overseas equivalent)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience of Sage Line 50
- Experience of charity accounting (in line with the Charity SORP) including dealing with restricted funding and charity VAT exemptions/part exemptions.
- Experience of working in an organisation with multiple income streams and types, such as contracts, grants, earned income (trading) and donations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
To assist the Head of Finance on a flexible basis across a wide range of tasks including:
- VAT analysis and reporting.
- Variance analysis including performance commentary
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Accruals and prepayments
- Preparing supporting analysis, commentary, and key performance indicators
- Assisting with period end processes, journal adjustments, recharges, and reconciliations, audit queries
- Payroll reviews on a monthly basis.
- Production of accurate and timely management accounts for budget holders.
- Supporting the Fundraising team with the production of financial reports for charitable trusts and foundations who have made restricted grants to specific initiatives.
- Supporting the Business Development team with analysis of contract performance for commissioned services.
- Preparing and producing a range of financial reports for the Senior Leadership Team on key indicators including cash and cashflow and investment performance.
- Cost allocations against contracts and restricted grants and re-charging between cost centres.
- Address all external and internal audit tasks relating to contra