£31,863 - 34,863 per year
020 7820 7313
4 months ago
Harris Hill is working with a social welfare charity, aiding their search for an interim Media and PR Officer to cover a permanent recruitment period of around 3 months.
This role is full time and can be based in London, where the top end of the salary (which include ILW) is applicable or totally remote where the lower end applies.
Working within our communications and marketing team, the Media and PR Officer will be responsible for securing high quality media coverage for work across UK national, regional and consumer media on both a proactive and reactive basis. They will also lead on delivering coverage and publicity for corporate funding partners and work closely with service focused people and with network partners. The postholder will also play a key role in supporting the development and delivery of Communications Strategy which underpins and enables the organisation's overall strategy.
- Proven experience in a busy media relations role
- Demonstrable experience of working proactively with journalists
- Demonstrable success in delivering national and regional media coverage
- Ability to pitch stories to the media and get buy in
- An understanding of the opportunities and challenges of securing media coverage for the work of charities
- Knowledge of the UK media landscape
- The ability to engage with the media on issues Carers Trust works on, including related to health and social care
- Ability to identify, write and edit engaging stories
- Good attention to detail- excellent proofreading and editing
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Ability to adapt written communications for a range of audiences
- Ability to prioritise, work at pace, and under pressure.
- Ability to deliver creative social media posts
- Ability to teamwork effectively with colleagues / external stakeholders /form effective working relationships
- Flexibility and the ability to work outside normal office hours including some travel within the UK
- A knowledge of, and a commitment to, equal opportunities and diversity principles
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK