£27,851 per year
020 7820 7305
10 months ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic individual with experience working within Communications or Media to move into a far-reaching media relations position, with great opportunities for progression. The charity are a UK focused disability charity, however in this role you will be responsible for raising both the UK and international arm of the charity s campaign.
Responsibilities are broad, where you will identify, develop and place stories across national, regional, trade, broadcast and online channels. You will be responsible for the coordination of case study work across the organisation, and play a pivotal role in the running of the press office.
- Degree level or equivalent experience in PR, journalism or communications.
- Previous experience of working in a busy press office or similar role, with the ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- Track record of planning targeted media activity and securing high quality media coverage.
- Sound understanding of the media, through daily consumption of major news outlets. Able to identify media opportunities and news hooks that can be used to raise the profile of the organisation and our key campaigns.
- Good communication and presentation skills. Excellent written communication skills and experience of writing for the media e.g. media releases, statements, blogs and articles.
- Experience of working with case studies and handling sensitive issues, whilst developing strong material for media work.
- Understanding and experience of social media, and its use in integrated campaigns to support media objectives.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a close team, managing multiple priorities.
If this role sounds of interest, please e-mail your CV to Hannah.email@example.com If your experience is in-line with what the charity need I will then give you a call to discuss the role further.
Please get in touch before Friday 8th February, to avoid disappointment.