£35k per year
020 7820 7320
over 1 year ago
This is an exciting time for Citizens Advice services in Buckinghamshire. The charities Citizens Advice Aylesbury Vale, Citizens Advice Chiltern and Citizens Advice High Wycombe District are merging to become Citizens Advice Bucks. Like the constituent organisations that will form it have done for many years, this new charity will provide independent and impartial advice on debt, benefits, housing, employment and family issues that will help people get their lives back on track, as well as using on the ground knowledge to improve local and national social policy.
While the merger was planned long before the COVID-19 crisis, this newly formed, larger organisation will be better placed to meet the increasing demand for our services. It also matches the geography of one of our primary funders, the newly formed unity authority, Buckinghamshire Council, which will allow us to build strong working relationships at county level.
Each of the constituent charities have considerable areas of strength, providing services that respond to the need in their local communities. Citizens Advice Bucks must maintain these strengths and the local focus of services, whilst also ensuring the same high quality, availability, and consistency of services across the county, and developing a strong, shared internal culture across the new charity.
We believe that in these times more people than ever will need money advice – and we need someone to help us grow this service; to meet the exacting requirements of contracts that we have in this area; and to support and develop our staff and volunteers as we change to meet the demands placed on us.
We are looking for a Money Advice Manager to join the team
Organisation: Citizens Advice Bucks
Job Title: Money Advice Manager
Salary : £35 000 per annum
Length of contract and hours: 12 months FTC, Full time
- You will be the manager of the new Bucks Money Advice Service (BMAS), including debt advice and financial capability services, ensuring services are managed, monitored, evaluated, and developed effectively and efficiently.
- You will ensure BMAS delivers a high-quality money advice service throughout Buckinghamshire
- You will work alongside the Chair of the Financial Insecurity Partnership, leading the Citizens Advice Bucks research, campaigns and advocacy work related to financial insecurity and debt issues, making the case for policy, practice and systemic change to policy makers and creditors.
- You will also be responsible for maintaining good relationships with funders of money advice and financial capability services, ensuring reports are delivered, and for assisting with the development of new income streams for these services, in close liaison with the Head of Development & Communications.
The successful candidate will have
- Proven ability to manage effective services, preferably in the money advice sector.
- Proven ability to plan, manage and report on projects and budgets (including to funders) and contribute to decisions on the allocation of resources.
- Proven ability to develop and sustain effective partnerships.
- An understanding of quality standards preferably within the money advice sector, and the ability to ensure that these standards are met.
- Excellent understanding of debt and financial insecurity issues and effective interventions to alleviate them.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing and use IT systems for the provision of advice, research and campaign services.
- Proven ability to manage people including the ability to recruit, develop and motivate staff and volunteers.
- Proven ability to monitor and maintain casework systems and procedures, service delivery against agreed targets and analyse and interpret complex information produce and present reports verbally and in writing.
We encourage applicants who are from underrepresented groups with protected characteristics, as we value having a diverse pool of applicants to find the best candidate.
If you would like to receive an Information Pack for this role, with details on how to apply, please contact:
Shweta Prabhakar: Shweta.firstname.lastname@example.org 020 7820 7320
Closing date for applications: 9:00 am, Monday 25th January 2021