The role of non-executive director is not accompanied by any financial remuneration
020 7820 7321
over 1 year ago
Charity Bank is about much more than ethical banking. We exist to respond to real social needs by using the money that our savers entrust to us to make loans to organisations that are improving lives and supporting communities. Our vision is a world where charities and other social purpose organisations can access the financial resources they need to create a better society for all.
As Charity Bank has now achieved a sustainable scale and moves towards sustained profitability, what more can we do for our client base in order to become the undisputed leading bank for the sector? In a changing environment, which services will our clients need? How do we maximize social impact in a financially responsible way?
To help answer these questions, we are looking for a new Non Executive Director to join our Board. As a member of the Board you will have the opportunity to help shape strategy and support the management team in meeting these challenges, supporting the future financing needs of the social sector and championing our belief that banking can be a tool for good.
This is an exciting and pivotal time to join a unique organisation which blends commercial drive and experience with an ethical response to real social needs. You would join a community of socially motivated individuals all working to bring about social change at a national and system-wide level.
Role title: Non-Executive Director, Charity Bank
Remuneration: The role of non-executive director is not accompanied by any financial remuneration, although expenses for travel may be claimed
Location: Most meetings take place in London, UK. Some meetings take place at the office in Tonbridge, Kent, UK
Time commitment: Approximately 15 days per year
Thorough induction and training will be provided to the successful candidate to ensure they can quickly contribute to the Board. At this stage are, we are looking for someone with:
- Experience of operating at a senior strategic leadership level, reporting directly to a Board, within a charity/ social enterprise or within the public sector.
- A strong and visible passion and commitment to Charity Bank, its strategic objectives and mission.
- Good independent judgement, impartiality and the ability to think creatively in the context of Charity Bank and the external environment.
- Tact and diplomacy, with the ability and willingness to listen but also to challenge and criticise constructively.
- The Board recognises the value of a diverse board composed of people with the relevant blend of differing skills, experience, perspectives and characteristics.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. However, as black and minority ethnic (BME) candidates are currently under-represented at Charity Bank, we would particularly welcome applications from BME applicants All appointments will be made on merit.
To apply for the role please send an up to date CV, a Supporting Statement addressing the full person specification in the information pack and an application form to Jenny Hills at executive.harrishill.co.uk.
Closing date for applications: 9am Monday 18th January 2021.