£28k per year
020 7820 7320
about 1 year ago
A health and social care charity are looking for an Outreach and Research Project Officer. The main purpose of the role is to bring effective support to the Healthwatch Manager and Healthwatch Team in the delivery of Healthwatch outcomes and wider organisational objectives. Specifically, by undertaking such action as to; plan, organise and co-ordinate our gathering of local people's feedback and experiences of health and social care services, using a variety of methods. The post holder will capture and analyse the experiences gathered and will be responsible for drafting and finalising reports on findings.
- To prepare and undertake visits to health and social care services by researching and reading background information about the service being visited or topic being researched.
- To plan and co-ordinate the setting up of engagement/workshop events or research interviews and other aspects of the project, face to face and using digital means. To assist other colleagues with their outreach and information and signposting as necessary.
- To give presentations to introduce us and our work and encourage people to share their views.
- To set up information capture on our online survey system and paper based.
- To undertake online and other feasible engagement activities, events and visits to physical locations (subject to safety and practical considerations).
- To capture service user experience via online and telephone methods.
- To process feedback data using our online survey data entry system.
- To collate and analyse our data to produce findings and recommendations for a final report. Identifying trends and opportunities.
- To manage and co-ordinate the input and involvement of volunteers in tasks, such as report writing volunteers and outreach volunteers.
- Answering questions from members of the public about health and social care services available and signposting to information.
- To assist the wider team and organisation's projects, including undertaking any other, short term activities as requested by the senior management team and providing support and cover for colleagues (where appropriate).
- Ensure that all activities are carried out with due regard to the law and to WCA policies and procedures.
- Knowledge and understanding of health and social care service provision.
- Proven proactive project planning, organisation and co-ordination abilities, ensuring deadlines are met. Adept at organising and communicating progress.
- Proven experience of co-ordinating, liaising, negotiating, and working with others (staff, volunteers and others outside of organisation) to achieve deadlines and ensure updates on progress are communicated.
- Proven demonstration of good communication skills and the ability to talk and listen to people from all walks of life, from encouraging a wide section of individuals from our community to encourage people to take part in our surveys to speaking to and influencing senior people to engage with our work and act on our findings.
- Experience in community/service user research or engagement.
- Proven experience in collecting qualitative interview responses accurately and representing views shared without judgement.
- Proven experience in collating and analysing information from various sources and interviews with service users to produce a report summarising patient experience and views.
Closing date: Wednesday 14th April 2021