£60k - 62k per year + Pro Rata
020 7820 7311
3 months ago
Harris Hill is recruiting for a Part Time Director of Finance on a 9-month fixed term contract basis, for this Education Charity based in London
- Responsible to: Chief Executive
- Part Time: 4 days a week
- Salary Range: £60,000pa - £62,000pa Pro Rata (4 days a week)
- Hybrid working: 1 day a week would be required on site for meetings if required, based in Central London.
- Management: Team of 2 in finance
- To produce monthly Management Accounts, in collaboration with the Finance Manager, which include, Payroll and Pension Reconciliations, Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet and Fixed Asset reporting for review by CEO and the CHARITIES Treasurer
- To produce quarterly Profit and Loss accounts, extensive P&L analysis and finance papers for Finance and General-Purpose Meeting including, Year to Date Actuals and Full Year Forecast, Memberships Income, Risk register, Project
Financials and Report of Administration
- To prepare the CHARITIES annual budget in collaboration with the CEO and Treasurer and the annual 5-year forecast
- To prepare of End of Year Accounts Reports and Statutory Financial Statements including liaison with appointed external Accountants
Maintaining accurate accounting records within SAGE 50 Accounts
- To oversee and review the sales invoicing completed by the Finance Executive.
- To check, process, and pay supplier invoices and staff expenses maintaining a clear audit trail and CEO/Deputy CEO/COO sign-off on all payments. To ensure the correct policies and controls are followed prior to processing supplier payments.
- To complete bookkeeping journals for non-cash items, such as depreciation charges, differences on exchange and bad debts
- To process monthly payroll and timely RTI submissions to HMRC including bookkeeping entries and BACS payments
- To process new starters and leavers payroll details including P45 production, Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP), pension payments and staff benefit programmes
Tax (VAT, Corporation Tax and Payroll Tax)
- To review and oversee the quarterly VAT return submission to HMRC
- To keep up to date with VAT, Corporation Tax and Payroll Tax compliance