£72.5k per year + Pro Rata
020 7820 7311
4 months ago
Harris Hill is recruiting for a Part Time Finance Director for this grant giving charity based in London.
Role: Part Time Finance Director
Salary: £72,500.00 per year Pro Rata
Hours: 2 days per week (14 hours per week)
Location: At least 1 day a week will be based at their offices near Victoria
Benefits: 30 days holiday Pro Rata
You will be an experienced financial leader with solid charity knowledge who will hold accountability for the charity's finance, policies ensuring all regulatory and statutory requirements are met and financial controls are in place across all areas of the charity.
You will lead and drive a small finance team.
As the Part Time Finance Director, you will play an important strategic role for the charity in shaping the development of financial strategy and providing knowledge and support to the CEO and the trustee board (General Council)
The Part Time Finance Director will provide regular reports and analysis to the General Council, and Finance & Investment Committee, as a member of the Senior Leadership Team, you will contribute to business planning and policy setting across the organisation.
- The successful candidate will be a Qualified Accountant.
- Track record of achievement in strategic financial management.
- Previous charity experience with strong knowledge of Charity SORP
- Proven leader with the ability to influence, inspire and motivate.
- To be responsible for ensuring compliance with all accounting, tax and external regulations and that the charity's financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth, delivering financial management as an efficient service to the rest of the charity.
- Identify opportunities and gaps and inform key decisions, planning processes and policies.
- To work with the SLT in developing internal controls and recommending operational efficiencies.
- Improving the financial processes and reporting environment
- Monitor key performance indicators on a quarterly basis for discussion with the CEO.
- To provide professional advice and information to the F&I Committee, General Council, Senior Staff Teams, and to the wider stakeholders.
- Produce insightful written and oral reports to F&I and General Council.
- To prepare the narrative and analysis of the financial sections of the Annual Accounts.
- Work with the F&I committee and General Council to develop and implement the Charity's investment strategy.
- Coaching the finance team to improve performance, implementing personal development plans and delegating effectively where appropriate.