£37k per year
020 7820 7311
19 days ago
Harris Hill is recruiting for a Finance Manager for the health charity based near Huddersfield, West Yorkshire.
- The position: Finance Manager
- The days: 5 days a week
- The Salary: £37,000pa
- The Location: Huddersfield Area. North East of Manchester
- Responsible of the Finance Team
- You will report to the Director of Finance & Resources and look after a small Finance Team.
Education / Qualifications
- Part Qualified Accountants can apply if you have extensive Finance and Management experience
Essential Skills and experience
- Advanced Excel and Microsoft office skills, ability to do lookups, pivot tables and graphs.
- Experience of producing detailed departmental and consolidated management accounts, including analysis and commentary.
- Experience of working on accounting software such as Sage or Exchequer, and understanding the principles around the use of accounting systems.
- Experience of working on payroll software, and understanding of payroll principles and processing.
- Knowledge of Charities SORP FRS 102 and experience in preparing consolidated statutory accounts for a medium sized charity and trading company.
- Knowledge of corporate governance and company secretarial duties.
Main Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Manage the finance team, delegating duties and supporting development.
- Manage the Data/IT Analyst under the mentorship of the IG Lead.
- Attend Leadership meetings to present finance updates and other organisational meetings as required.
- Provide an essential finance support service across the wider organisation through acting as a business partner to budget holders by developing and reporting on KPI's and measures, through an understanding of finance related systems (Exchequer, Excel, Till Systems, Donor Database etc.)
- Ensure efficient maintenance of the financial records of the charity and trading company.
- Ensure restricted and unrestricted funds are recorded accurately and restricted spend is monitored accordingly with relevant supporting paperwork e.g. trusts and grant income.
- Produce timely, accurate and relevant monthly management accounts information of the charity (all departments), trading company and other potential partnerships, including commentary on significant areas and variances against budgets.
- Work closely with the HR team to ensure an efficient payroll service and that monthly payroll is accurate and meets tight deadlines.
- Responsible for meeting all payroll and pension compliance and regulation submissions and deadlines.
- Thoroughly check and authorise monthly payroll BACS
- Process monthly payroll journals and accruals within strict deadlines and reconcile all payroll control accounts with HMRC, SAGE payroll and Exchequer accounts system.