£37k per year
020 7820 7311
about 1 month ago
Harris Hill is recruiting for a Finance Manager for this Health Care Charity based near Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
- The position: Finance Manager
- The days: 5 days a week
- Flexible working: 2 days a week will be based at their offices
- The Salary: £37,000pa
- The Location: Huddersfield Area.
- Report to: Director of Finance & Resources
- Responsible of the Finance Team
Education / Qualifications
- Part Qualified Accountants with Charity Finance experience are welcome.
Essential Skills and experience
- Advanced Excel and Microsoft office skills, ability to do lookups, pivot tables and graphs.
- Experience of producing detailed departmental and consolidated management accounts, including analysis and commentary.
- Experience of working on accounting software such as Sage or Exchequer and understanding the principles around the use of accounting systems.
- Knowledge of Charities SORP FRS 102 and experience in preparing consolidated statutory accounts for a medium sized charity and trading company.
Main Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Manage the finance team, delegating duties and supporting development.
- Attend Leadership meetings to present finance updates and other organisational meetings as required.
- Provide an essential finance support service across the wider organisation through acting as a business partner to budget holders by developing and reporting on KPI's and measures, through an understanding of finance related systems (Exchequer, Excel, Till Systems, Donor Database etc.)
- Ensure efficient maintenance of the financial records of the charity and trading company.
- Ensure restricted and unrestricted funds are recorded accurately and restricted spend is monitored accordingly with relevant supporting paperwork e.g. trusts and grant income.
- Process monthly payroll journals and accruals within strict deadlines and reconcile all payroll control accounts with HMRC, SAGE payroll and Exchequer accounts system.