£41,208 per year + Pro Rata
020 7820 7311
12 months ago
Harris Hill is recruiting for a Part Time Finance Manager for this International Education Membership organisation based in London
- Reporting to: Director of Finance
- Management: 1 Finance Executive
- Hours: 22.5 hours per week
- Flexible working: Home working, with 1 day a week in the offices based in central London. (Once the offices reopen.)
- Salary Package: 41,208 (FTE)
- Contract type: Permanent.
- To hold a professional accountancy qualification (ACCA / CIMA / ACA) and to have at least 3 years post qualified experience in a Finance Department.
- To have the ability and practical experience of preparation of a full set of management accounts, cashflow statements and VAT returns
- To be highly numerate and have excellent ICT skills with the ability to use with confidence, office ICT software packages, including Excel and Outlook.
- To be able to work effectively with stakeholders connected to schools, colleges, universities, government departments and organisations within the Education Sector.
To be responsible for the management of designated day-to-day accounting under the direction of the Director of Finance. To support to the Director of Finance and identify opportunities for profit & revenue enhancement as well as assisting the Director of Finance with strategic forecasting and financial decision making. To prepare reports and analysis as requested.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To manage key elements of the monthly management accounts, including but not limited to, the preparation of the Profit and Loss Statement, for final review by the Director of Finance.
- To deputise for the Finance Director if required.
- To contribute to the completion of key board papers to be presented at committee meetings, which include the Finance and General Purposes committee, which take place three times a year.
- To manage and prepare designated aspects of the end of year statutory financial statements.
- To manage and produce the monthly cashflow forecast and analysis for final review by the Director of Finance.
- To produce bi-monthly reports relating to credit control and debt collection.
- To manage, issue and receive staff float requests and ensure that correct entries are reflected in SAGE 50c Accounts.
- To manage order queries, refunds, corrections, amendments, arising through the event booking platform 'Arlo'
- To prepare quarterly VAT returns for review by the Director of Finance.
Maintaining accurate accounting records and journal entries
- To ensure the smooth transfer of invoicing and receipts data from the events and credit card platform into SAGE 50c Accounts.
- To complete all reconciliations including, but not limited to, bank, credit card, balance sheet and as appropriate payroll and pension reconciliations.
- To complete bookkeeping journals for non-cash items, such as depreciation charges, differences on exchange and bad debts.
- In the absence of the Finance Executive, to update the cashbook daily and to ensure receipts are recorded accurately in SAGE 50c Accounts.