£46k per year + Pro Rata
020 7820 7311
3 months ago
Harris Hill is recruiting for a Part Time Finance and Operations Manager for this Global Health Charity based in London.
- Permanent: Part Time 4 days a week
- Flexible working: 2 days a week will be required in their offices in London
- Salary: to £46,000pa FTE.
- Reporting to: Chief Executive
- Direct Report: Administrative Officer
- This role will contribute to the charities objectives by developing timely access to financial information, the capacity to analyse information and improved management of restricted funds. The Finance & Operations Manager is a key member of the team responsible for the day to day accounting and financial management of the charity
- A significant part of the role would be to upgrade the Charity's operational systems in the most cost-effective manner. This could incorporate the move to new software for email and knowledge management, introduction of a CRM, and reviewing the current accounts software.
- The role reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT) which meets monthly.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Statutory financial reporting for audit, in line with US and UK regulations
- Prepare end of year accounts and arrange audit
- Prepare accounts for any subsidiary accounts
- Prepare monthly management accounts
- Preparation of Annual Budget and forecasts
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- Setting up and authorising payments by BACS
- Raise all invoices and requests for payment; chase outstanding invoices
- To develop and maintain office administrative systems to increase the efficient functioning of the organisation
- To ensure IT systems are functioning effectively and providing or facilitating support to staff
- Ensure that the charity has the appropriate IT policies and procedures in place and that these are implemented across the organisation
- Ensuring that staff are trained and able to use the charities software, applications and programmes effectively
- Making recommendations of new or enhanced systems and processes that best suit the needs of the organisation