£54k - 59k per year + Pro Rata
020 7820 7311
3 months ago
Harris Hill is recruiting for a Part Time Finance Manager and Company Secretary for this community based, estate managing charitable trust located in Kent.
You will report directly to the Chief Executive and be responsible for all financial and investment matters, corporate administration, and commercial property administration.
This is a broad role beyond finance, covering key roles and working relationships with Trustees, contract & procurement facility, external auditors and tax advisors, legal advisors, regulatory authorities, and private residents and commercial occupiers.
The Part Time Finance Manager and Company Secretary is a member of the Trust's management team and responsible for supervising one finance staff member.
Accounting and reporting
- Day to day financial leadership and management to meet regulatory requirements for all activities.
- Management and maintenance of the Pegasus Opera 3 Accounting, Business and Payroll ERP Software, managing and ensuring that software upgrades/patches are applied on a timely basis after release.
- Managing the year end process, including preparation of the financial accounting year end workbook and drafting of the Trustees Annual Report and Accounts to comply with the Companies Acts and the Charities SORP; and managing the relationship with the external auditors.
- Leading the annual budgeting/ forecasting process for the Trust and providing focus to its cost management
- Long term financial planning including highlighting associated risks and opportunities and/or illustrating the commercial and financial impact of external and organisation change.
- Reviewing and authorising monthly payroll, ensuring that staff are paid on a timely basis; ensuring all payroll deductions are correctly and promptly reported and paid to HMRC, and all pension contributions are reported and paid promptly.
- Investment management
- Acting as the main contact for third party investment manager(s) to ensure investment portfolios are positively managed in line with the Trust's investment management policy.
- Prepare an investment performance report tracking the movements in the investment funds against a range of appropriate indices and inflation.
- Review the income distributions from the investment funds, make recommendations to the CEO with respect to drawing down funds to meet expenditure or to reinvest surplus funds, and prepare the necessary instructions to the investment manager(s).
- At the end of the financial year, reconcile drawdowns from the respective investment funds, with income and expenditure in the audited accounts and arrange to transfer balancing amounts to/from the investment funds as appropriate Cash and banking.
- Estate management
- Managing the relationships with the Head Lessees and/or their Managing Agents liaising with the Trust's solicitors to ensure that any assignments of leases are reported and registered.
- Liaise with CEO and appropriate professional advisors regarding applications for consent for changes in use, way leaves etc, endeavouring to ensure that the Trust's professional costs are recovered from the applicant wherever possible.
- Company Secretary
- Managing communication with organisations and regulatory bodies, including Companies House, Charity Commission, Information Commissioners Office, FCA and others with regards to the company's statutory reports and returns on an annual basis