£43k - 45k per year + Pro Rata
11 months ago
Harris Hill are recruiting for a Part Time Finance Manager and Company Secretary, to work 3 or 4 days per week for this dynamic charity based in London.
The position requires a qualified accountant who will be responsible for the Financial and Management accounting functions, which includes reporting and Administration, supporting the Board of Trustees and Heads of departments.
You will be responsible for a Finance Assistant
Salary: £43,000pa - £45,000pa Pro Rata 3 or 4 days a week
The position has flexible working from home and the office.
Duties and key activities:
The Finance Manager and Company Secretary will be responsible for the day-to-day running and management of all finance matters for the charity and trading company.
- Manage SAGE line 50 accounting system; monitor sales, purchase ledgers and cash book maintained by Finance Assistant; manage bank reconciliations and cash flow planning and oversee debt collection (Finance Assistant)
- Monitor and authorize petty cash account managed by Finance Assistant
- Prepare monthly management accounts with related reports and trend analysis as required
- Produce related reports including HMRC, NIC and VAT
- Prepare final statutory accounts for audit and lead the annual audit
- Prepare annual budget and cash flow reports. Liaise with other budget holders across the charity and prepare annual budget. Manage liquidity.
- Manage the in-house payroll system
- Liaising with the investment managers, reconciling income receipts and ensuring proper information is received for management and financial reporting
- Act as secretary to Finance Committee
- File returns to Charities Commission and Companies House.
- Assist Managers to prepare Board meeting papers (six times a year) and with taking of minutes. Draft annual report.
- Oversee Finance Assistant managing HR function and record keeping and HR matters was they arise including updating of Staff Handbook
- Administer the Pension scheme
- Provide financial and legal expertise for fundraising activities.
- Maintain fixed asset register and disaster recovery plan
- Promote good practice with regard to equal opportunities and diversity both within the charity and in the provision of a high quality service to colleagues and governors.
- Managing relationship with the insurance broker to ensure at all times appropriate insurance policies are in place and up to date.
- Management of risk and risk register
- Delegation and spending authority schedules