£40k - 45k per year + Pro Rata
2 months ago
Harris Hill are recruiting for a Part Time Finance Manager, working 2 days per week, for this International Human Rights Charity based in London
This is the Sole finance role, responsible for financial management, hands-on technical accounting, budgeting and forecasting and reporting restricted funds to donors. This role reports directly to the CEO and Operations Manager.
- This position is working 2 days per week
- During the pandemic, you will be working from home with the odd meeting in London. Then flexibility
- Salary to £45,000pa - Pro Rata
What the client is looking for:
- Strong self-manager with international development experience for an NGO within the charity sector.
- Experience of reporting requirements and working with international projects.
- Srong interest in human rights and environmental social change
- Experience working for a small charity, a social enterprise or start-up.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Financial management and strategy
- Ensuring that practises are in-line with the advice of specialists, accountants and legal/fiscal/tax requirements
- Preparing and finalising reporting to foundations
- Leading quarterly and annual processes and reporting to UK authorities
- Leading month-end processes such as reconciliations and cashflow forecasting
- Key liaison for external accountants of other group jurisdictions
- Bookkeeping to ensure correct coding and allocation of costs to projects
- Standardise and harmonise financial processes to be fit-for-purpose and maximise efficiency
- Minimum of over 2 years professional experience in finance / accountancy
- Experience working with not-for-profit organisations and donor reporting
- Experience in Quickbooks or similar accountancy software
- Strong organisational skills, attention to detail and clear communication abilities
- Ability to self-manage