£60k per year + Pro Rata
3 months ago
Harris Hill are recruiting for a Part Time Head of Finance & Operations for this Human Rights Charity based in London.
Position: Head of Finance & Operations
Days: 4 days a week
Salary: 60,000pa FTE - Pro Rata
The successful candidate will be joining at an exciting time. Leading the process of embedding and strengthening new systems and processes
The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker with both finance and operations expertise. They will be comfortable being hands-on to get things done, and flexible in their approach to achieve results in a fast-changing external environment as well as possessing a strong people-focus and being passionate about maintaining organisational wellbeing.
Finance and Accounts
- Strategic oversight of financial systems and processes including but not limited to production of monthly management accounts and relevant financial reports and maintaining up to date policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the Group Budget and Finance Function overseeing and supporting the management of the annual budget including departmental budgets
- Work closely with Fundraising team and Head of Programmes and Safeguarding to develop budgets for Funding Bids and timely and accurate Fund reporting
- Effective day to day control of accounting function including payroll, cash-flow management, invoicing and debt management
- Manage, mentor and develop the Finance Manager in their role
- Manage the contracts with the two outsourced Finance Functions in France and Greece ensuring appropriate local Financial Reporting and the consolidation in the UK.
- Hold responsibility for contracts and licensing agreements
- Oversee the management of IT systems and equipment to ensure staff are effectively supported to carry out their work
- Oversee the management and licensing of our CRM - Salesforce, ensuring it effectively supports our operations and programmes
- Manage, mentor and develop the Operations Officer in their role
- Ensure existing systems, processes and policies are reviewed regularly in conjunction with CEO and Board, engaging the whole organisation to facilitate implementation and compliance
- Manage staff recruitment and induction, ensuring we model best practice and are fully compliant in terms of equal opportunities, diversity and inclusion at all levels
- Oversee the implementation of a staff development and appraisal process across the organisation
- Work closely with CEO and Leadership Team to establish systems that encourage a culture of learning and development within the organisation.
- Oversee the development of a new but robust and growing volunteer programme.
Governance and strategy
- Contribute to development of SPI strategy working closely with fundraising and development team in preparation of budgets
- Work closely with the CEO to ensure accurate and timely reporting to the Board and Finance Sub Committee, including preparation of Board papers
- Undertake all Company Secretarial duties in terms of maintaining Companies House and Charity Commission submissions